Saturday, December 1, 2012

患难见真情。

On the last day of October,
was the first netball training.
Forgetful me forgot to bring my sports shoes into hall.
Yet, went on to play.
All was well until...
Stubborn me went on to play friendly with hall 2.

And so, on the last day of October,
I fractured my foot.

This post is gonna be full of my gross foot pictures. be warned!
Gonna be a wordy post!

At the point it happened,
I heard a crack, very clearly.
Next moment, I couldn't stand.
It felt... empty.
I had to sit on the floor.
The pain was, unbearable.
I bent my head down because I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.
To the point that they flowed down my cheeks though I didn't want them to.

患难见真情。
Nothing describes it better than this.

Thank you to my dearest roomie,
Lee Min Hui.
连名带姓lol.
My strong roomie and a little secret that cannot be said here;)
Cos my roomie is a strong girl.
Piggyback me from Jolynn's car to the doc.
Piggyback me back to car from the doc.
The funny episode when we fell on the floor,
in front of a Kopitiam.
Plus, I am taller than my roomie, must have been really tough.
And then helping me to the bathroom,
knowing all the toiletries I have been using,
carry my things down when my parents came.
But really from when it all happened,
till now, you have been helping me in every way possible.
ROOMIE LOVE to the max!


Huishan, my netball manager who also got hurt.
Thanks for holding my shorts HAHA.

Jolynn mummy.
who was having steamboat at the time,
but came down immediately after knowing I got hurt.
Driving us there to the physician and back to hall.

Si Ning, our hall president.
Piggybacked me to Jolynn's car.
:')

Zishen, my Uniqkidz co-chair.
Came down at a call,
and piggybacked me up three storeys to my room.

Yunshan,
for the porridge that fed my hungry stomach! :)


My mama and my papa.
Who came on the day itself when it was already 11plus,
to fetch me back without any qualms.
And especially my papa, who has been sending to and fro from home to school.
Long way there and back.
Luckily no more exams and school.
No more tired daddy.

Valerie Ang, my bestie! 
The girl who is always there with me during lessons,
on the way to the next lesson.
No matter how slow I took to walk,
she'll always look out for me and walk the same pace as me.
coming specially to my house to help me catch up with my work.

Alvin.
Always helping me with Valerie.
Especially hopping up and down the (dreaded) stairs when I really couldn't walk at the start.

Disney ºoº.
My Disney family, who has been showing concern for my injury and dropping by to visit me.

Classmates.
Everyone who helped me in one way or another.
Por Yee carrying my bag.
Classmates helping to hold and put my crutches in place.

Also, every single one who came to know of it and expressed concern:')

One good thing is,
somehow being a handicapped is quite a privilege.
People give way to you,
Passing by professor who send their get well soon wishes,
Stranger course mate who happens to sit near by during exam and offers help,
but ya,
I know this is a wrong mindset.
Apart from the stares I always get.
Nevermind, I'd like to think that I am a celebrity attracting stares.
#自我安慰

One sad thing is that,
I think my toe will never be the same again.
The crack will always be there.
More fragile than ever.
To think that I wanted to be more active in sports.
Now, especially after exams,
eat, sleep,
be a pig and get fat D:

Blame who else but myself.
Have holidays, but cannot enjoy.

Learnt a lesson, hard enough.

To all my friends and anyone who is reading this,
please be safe in whatever you do!

----

Pictures below!

First look, after bandaged at the TCM.
Wednesday.

Second look, having removed bandage for xray.
Friday.

First x-ray.
Crack at 4th toe.
Break at 5th.

Long leg gets casted at TTS!


Thank you, my crutches.
You have been my "legs" for the past weeks.
If not for you, I wouldn't have been able to move around.

Removed cast!
Pictures at TTS.
Haven't seen my right foot for a long time.
Spot the difference!
Like some pig trotters right!!!!
 Monday.

Air cast.

Bruises underneath.
This is already a better version.
Gotten way better as compared to the start.


2nd xray
Tuesday that just passed:

Top view


Side view.

To a bio noob like me,
I can't really see the difference.
But doc says it has gotten better! :)
Chengwu says so too, can see the bone marrow.

Show you a video which I thought is funny!
Slow pig trotters lol.

Now I can try to walk without crutches,
but rely on my air cast still.
:)

Counting down to that 3 months!

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment