Friday, February 5, 2010

Sad.

I know many people may have come across this in the news or magazines.
But it was my first time experiencing it in person.

On my way back, 23 was super crowded despite it being a double-decker.
(why must this be the case when i have psycho notes&tb in my hands, &morning also..!)
Nevermind.
But this lady carrying her child came up the bus.
Soon, a person sitting at the so-called "priority seat" alighted.
Another person occupied that place shortly after that.
I felt so bad for the lady&her child cos nobody offered them a seat...

I wanted to ask the ppl if they could like give up their seat, just anyone, to the lady.
But i was scared... :x haha
After that luckkoon reminded me of the diffusion of social responsibility concept.
&alright, i mustered my courage...

So having moved to the rear of the bus,
I asked this lady infront of me,
who was sitting at another priority seat if she could give up her seat.
But i guess she did not understand english,
so i squeezed my way through to the green seats near the driver,
and asked again,

*stares stares*
"Do you all mind if u offer this lady a seat? Cos she is like carrying her child.. U know, if you all can..."

*stares stares*

Omg. i din know where i got that courage from!
Nobody said anything and they were all staring.
Then the lady carrying her child said, 'it's okay' and smiled.

After which, i used defense mechanism cos i was feeling so embarrassed. I sighed, yes, and kind of loudly.
But it did reduce my anxiety...
However, i was sad and a little disappointed..

When the bus was going to reach the first stop after the highway,
one of the ladies at the priority seats stood up and gave up her seat!
Even though it took some time,
but at least she gave up her seat!
:)
So it wasn't so bad after all...

Okay. Maybe it was all my own perception problem, as people may be tired like after one whole day so they just want to have a rest.
But this is just what i felt ba...

and oh yah!! I forgot to say thank you to the lady who stood up.
*arbish!

Learnt something from winona today:
TY /= Thank You,
but,
TY = Tang Yuan.

Haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment